Nerf Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Clock
Stats
Ads
Photobucket
Games
Photobucket
Games
Photobucket

Slayer with Respawns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex
Field Major
Field Major
Alex

Slayer with Respawns Empty
PostSubject: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:41 am

OK, so earlier Meg brought up an idea that I think would be a lot of fun.. Rather than playing a game of Slayer until one team finishes off the other team, elimination style, we should try a game of continuous slayer. Meaning.. Respawns. This has multiple advantages.. For one, in elim-slayer, when one team loses one or two members, they almost always lose (stfu Ricky). This style of slayer would bring a constant supply of troops to the front lines, Cutter-Elephant-ODST style. Also, with respawns people would likely be less scared of death, since it wouldn't mean sitting out for a long-ass time. This would make games move faster, more kills, more fun, etc. (Those games of Oddball the other day were so intense.. it was great!)

So, the plan is... We would pick 2 teams, preferably 4v4+ for extra insanity. Spawn in opposite mid-stairs. Place (and this is key in a long game) extra ammo/ maybe weapons(?) on map. Whenever someone dies, they would immediately (NO PICKING UP AMMO WHILE DEAD, ITS GAY) head to the nearest stat sheet (there would be one at top and bottom of each stairwell and I'll add them all up at the end) and write a kill for whoever killed you, and a death for yourself. Then they would walk (continuously, and away from battle (Not intentionally into a place that would give them an unfair advantage (like walk past an enemy into flanking position on the team) and trying to steer clear of spawn-kill zones)) and while walking you would count to 30 or maybe 60, then spawn and you're back in! If you were carrying a second weapon (Firefly on map?) at the time of your death, you would put it down right where you died.

This would continue for about an hour. At the end of that time, the kills would be tallied (and hopefully match # of deaths >_>) and a winning team would be declared, and receive a win. The teams can then be swapped, water can be drinkeded, everyone can clean up/get ammo/reset the map, and the stat sheets would be replaced with fresh ones. Rinse and repeat forever.

Let me know what you think about this wall of text.. I think it's a solid recipe for mayhem. Please please please give me input and we can make slayer even more amazing. Seriously, everyone give feedback before next weekend so we can test it out!!
Back to top Go down
Ron
Captain (Grade 3)
Captain (Grade 3)
Ron

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:28 am

Zach I think that i cant wait to try this. hopefully Alex will agree with it and we can get to Pwning some noobs. great idea it will be a ton of fun
Back to top Go down
https://nerfwars.darkbb.com
paulieb811
Major
Major
paulieb811

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:11 pm

dude first off Zach your an asshole and second great idea that be insane i agree we should do this but i think we should play middle floor too with this gametype
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockinthe144
Maximus
Corporal (Grade 2)
Corporal (Grade 2)
Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:03 pm

i especially am for the idea of the dead player to update the stat sheet. writing a kill for whoever killed u and a death for yourself is a perfect way to keep accurate and continuous stats to flow in
Back to top Go down
captainscottland
Sergeant
Sergeant
captainscottland

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

The first time i NERFed with you guys we did this and it worked out well, but i think now that we have more guns that are not used a lot (ie: the two scatterguns and Alex's never ending supply of fireflies) we should put a lot of weapons on map and i don't mean just the basement. This would allow almost everyone to have a choice at their on-map pick up.
Back to top Go down
Ron
Captain (Grade 3)
Captain (Grade 3)
Ron

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:31 pm

deff
Back to top Go down
https://nerfwars.darkbb.com
captainscottland
Sergeant
Sergeant
captainscottland

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:59 pm

oh and for next time by bow should be completely ready including greater accuracy so there is another weapon
Back to top Go down
captainscottland
Sergeant
Sergeant
captainscottland

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:38 am

on our way to lowes today paul and i figured out that all of us together can come up with around 20 guns to put on map along with 2 extra shells for the scatterguns (Halo 2 style!). I think this gametype needs to be attempted soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slayer with Respawns   Slayer with Respawns I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slayer with Respawns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nerf Wars :: Nerf :: Gametypes :: Team Slayer-
Jump to:  
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com