Nerf Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Clock
Stats
Ads
Photobucket
Games
Photobucket
Games
Photobucket

Assassinations

Go down 
+2
Maximus
paulieb811
6 posters
AuthorMessage
paulieb811
Major
Major
paulieb811

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Everybody in the game is out for themselves; there are no teams, hence the players don’t need to synchronize their schedules.

The game’s organizers assign each player a single target. Imagine it like a giant chain; A must get B; B must get C; C must get D and so on all the way down to Z must get A. The organizers should keep track of who was assigned to kill who incase players leave the game or there are disputes (you are bound to have at least one per major game).

Assign each player their first target by giving them an index card with the target’s name on it. Each player can only hunt the person on their card. When a player assassinates their first target, the victim hands the assassin his or her own assignment card. The player is now hunting this new target. Each Assassin must carry a card with their current target at all times

Encounters are handled as such: If the assassin shoots their target (we only needed one shot) then they win the encounter. If the victim shoots the assassin before they themselves are shot then the assassin may not attack them again for a certain amount of time (to be determined at the start of play). Disputes are to be taken to the game organizers. Only shots between an assassin and their immediate target count so their can be no team ups.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockinthe144
Maximus
Corporal (Grade 2)
Corporal (Grade 2)
Maximus

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 pm

a....m...a...z...i...n...g...
Back to top Go down
Alex
Field Major
Field Major
Alex

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:39 pm

lol i saw something like this on nerfhaven the other day.. we should definitely do it though. We need like EVERYONE. err we could do a smaller round to try it. I'll start printing cards with pics and names and buying manila envelopes lol
Back to top Go down
Sam
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Sam

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:43 pm

sounds epic... but could be a lot of setup for only a little bit of game.
Back to top Go down
Maximus
Corporal (Grade 2)
Corporal (Grade 2)
Maximus

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:53 am

its so fucking worth it. i wanna merc some NOOBBBSSS
Back to top Go down
Ron
Captain (Grade 3)
Captain (Grade 3)
Ron

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:17 am

good idea. ummmmmmmmmmm forgot what i was guna type lol. .

idk why i typed me thining im just in that kind of mood.

ooh yeah i have manila envelopes. anddd yeah sounds good.

i dont understand it 1 bit but then again i cant read!
Back to top Go down
https://nerfwars.darkbb.com
paulieb811
Major
Major
paulieb811

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:43 am

it would be so effin epic that's what i was trying to explain on the fb group
Back to top Go down
Alex
Field Major
Field Major
Alex

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:28 pm

OK so I think we can start this whenever I get that foam, that way I can make stefans to give out and not expect to get all of them back. The other issue is that some players don't have their own guns.. In which case I could loan them to you, but that would sort of subtract from your stealth. Also, it seems like we need someone to organize this, and that person likely won't be able to play (they'd know too much..) So what I may do is print pictures (even though we all know what we look like, it would make it feel more official) with names and.. should we give out addresses or leave it to the assassin to locate their victim? Then I'll take these pictures and have someone with no desire to play (maybe my dad, or Meg if she doesn't want to take part) put them into randomly assigned envelopes with the assassin's name on them (taking care not to assign someone to kill their self). Then hand them out to the assassins and get started.

There are also certain precautions we need to take about doing this in public in our day and age..

1. Everyone needs to have orange paint or tape on their barrel (A significant amount) to avoid scaring neighbors/ being harassed or shot at by police.
2. Generally respect private property, except maybe for the victim's own yard (let your parents know what's going to be going down so they don't freak out at all). As in, don't go in strangers' yards tooo often, and definitely never enter a home or other private property without permission.
3. There need to be safe zones, areas where no fire may be exchanged and any assassination attempts are void, so don't try them. Any attempts in these zones may result in disqualification. These zones are (Let me know If I should add any..)
a) School. This is a big one, and could have serious repercussions if it isn't followed. No NERF guns on school grounds, period. If you feel like you need protection, leave your gun in your car, COVERED. This applies mainly to high schoolers, as colleges generally couldn't care less as long as no one is hurt. That being said, don't even try it at NJIT. We have so many armed police who knows what might happen. The exception to this rule, and for colleges in general, is that dorms are usually ok, as long as you're careful. Back to high school though, I think everyone who's in HS goes to Butler, no?? So I can be specific and say that the BHS safe zone extends across the street, on all sides.
b) NERF nights. At no point, before or after a NERF night may someone attempt an assassination on the Grande grounds. That is to say, be careful at G&A Twisted Evil
c) A tricky one I just thought of is.. What if Matt has me as a target, and I am going to his house to see Meg?? More on this later, but no, your significant other's house is not safe, even if another player lives there.
d) Just be careful in public in general. Don't cover your face with a ski mask or do anything really shady. On that note, drive-bys are acceptable and awesome. But yeah, don't hide behind cars in a parking lot unless your gun's orange barrel is fully visible to anyone who might think you're trying to carjack them. Also, don't hesitate to explain yourself to strangers.
e) On second thought, someone's house you were invited into is a safe zone. At least between the two of you... Otherwise no one would hang out at all during the competition... Like if I invite Paul over to mod guns, we can't shoot each other..
f) Any others??
4. Additional precautions anyone can think of? Just use your best judgement and everything should work out fine.

More rules, etc.
1. Never tell anyone who your victim is. Not only is it unfair, but you may just get yourself killed. Be smart. This also means that once your dead and out of the contest, you may not share ANY information at all with anyone. (You know what I mean..you can still talk to people, just never about the game until it's over. You may not even discuss with another dead person. The goal, when dead, is to seem dead.)
2. As far as teamwork is concerned, as Paul said, NO. No shot fired from anyone's gun except the assassin that is assigned to the victim will count, though you may ask others for information (addresses, etc.. but be careful...) This does not, however, mean that you can call me at 9 AM on a saturday and ask me to let you into Matt's house so you can kill him in his sleep. That would be gay.
3. Also, when a victim shoots their assassin, that assassin may not make another attempt for.. how's 3 hrs sound??

No real teamwork though, no driving for others, etc, that would clearly reveal who your victim is.

Any disputes should immediately be brought to my attention via call or text - 973.216.7532 And I will try to help you resolve it fairly.

I cant think anymore, I just wrote a fucking essay here. Anyone, please add/discuss.

Also, who is in??
Back to top Go down
Sam
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Sam

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey Alex,

China called, they want their wall back.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Field Major
Field Major
Alex

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:33 pm

I know, I know. You could keep the mongolians out with that wall of text.. Did you read it?
Back to top Go down
Sam
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Sam

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 10:58 pm

okay fine, you post editing powers have subdued me

the rules seem fair enough, but they seem pretty biased agaisnt the non-drivers out there...

Last edited by Sam on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ron
Captain (Grade 3)
Captain (Grade 3)
Ron

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 am

i read it but i dont fully understand it. . lol

like u mean we play, whenever? like we go to eachothers houses? lol
Back to top Go down
https://nerfwars.darkbb.com
paulieb811
Major
Major
paulieb811

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:09 pm

yea dude it can be a game to play when we are not at nerf
Back to top Go down
Alex
Field Major
Field Major
Alex

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:45 pm

We should really do this, now that we don't have anywhere to actually play. In the summer, of course. But yeah, we could do like a ladder system to see who does the best for the whole summer. Like only play 1 week a month or something but for all summer.

Seriously though, I have so many NERF guns that haven't had delicious foam inserted in their barrels in far too long. Let's get to it.
Back to top Go down
captainscottland
Sergeant
Sergeant
captainscottland

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:15 am

I'm still banking on the target parking deck. Also, what about the frat house? Two teams in the basement would be sick. That's how I started playing NERF just like 8 of us turned all of the furniture upside down for cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Assassinations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassinations   Assassinations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassinations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nerf Wars :: Nerf :: Gametypes :: Free For All-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Sports and Hobbies | Other sports | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com